Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Tribute To Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan

     
     While I'm sure every other Avenged Sevenfold fan feels the exact same way, I cannot believe that it has been 2 years since we lost The Rev. He seemed like he was an amazing person, and I wish that I could have had the opportunity to have met him. He is one of the greatest, if not the greatest musician of our generation. But this tribute isn't to mourn Jimmy's death. Rather, it's to celebrate his life. He has had such an incredible effect on so many people's lives, and he still continues to do so. As all of you may remember, I accepted submissions from fans who had something to share about the effect Jimmy had on them. These stories are a perfect example of the impact Jimmy made on so many people's lives, both musically and personally.

Max: My name is Max, and Jimmy is my favorite drummer. I truly believe that he is the greatest drummer of all time. He inspired me to start playing the drums. Now that I play drums, I truly realize how amazing he really was. I never got to meet him, but I hope to meet him someday on the other side...

Elizabeth: Jimmy meant the world to me. When I fell into a deep depression, he was the only thing that would brighten up my day and make me smile. When I starved myself and slit my wrists, Jimmy was the person that stopped me from killing myself. When he died, so many people, including I, broke down. He means so much to so many people and no matter what will never be forgotten. R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Owen Sullivan

Lindsay: When I started listening to Avenged Sevenfold, I wanted to be able to play the drums like The Rev did. I mean, just listen to any of their songs and try and tell me he didn't play with all his energy, heart, and soul. The Rev was a musical genius, and I wanted to be just like him...Even now, after he has sadly left us, the Rev continues to inspire me to never give up and to put everything I have into playing the drums. RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. You will be foREVer in our hearts! :')


This is a photo submitted by Carolina Arteaga García:   



My tribute to Jimmy:




     One of my favorite videos that Avenged Sevenfold has ever released is "So Far Away". That video not only shows the band's love and respect for Jimmy, but shows all of the amazing accomplishments they achieved together.

 

 Jimmy,

     I can't believe that it is two years since you've left us. There isn't a day that goes by that your music and your legacy aren't inspiring people and changing their lives for the better. Just know that we love and miss you SO much! We promise to keep you in our hearts foREVer <3

                                                                                                                   -Paige


     True legends never die, and I can't think of anyone who is a better example of this than Jimmy. Thank you so much to the fans that submitted comments and photos. We all love and miss Jimmy so much, but I think it's great that Avenged Sevenfold still continues to keep The Rev's legacy alive. The love and support that A7X fans give the band as they continue forward in their music is incredibly inspiring!

R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan

~Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment