Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Interview with Sima


     As a musician, actress, and entrepreneur, Sima is the definition of a triple threat. Since moving to New York from her home in Israel in order to pursue her music career, Sima has spent more than two years dedicating her time to songwriting. Now living in Los Angeles, she has recently finished production on her debut album, This Is My Truth. I got to talk to Sima about her style, musical influences, and the new album.


Front Paige Metal News: What first inspired you to become a musician?

Sima: What first inspired me to become a musician is the love for music, and the way it made me feel every time I heard a song that inspired me and I could relate to. I was fascinated by it. I think the need for expression is big for me, and the music and the stage fulfill that being on stage can free you! You and everything around you become alive. Also, I was around music a lot since a young age. I sing and perform since I remember myself so I guess I also born with some kind of a gift.


FPMN: How do you describe your style? From which musicians do you draw the most inspiration?

Sima: I describe my style as Pop Rock- haunting and dangerous with driving guitars and heartfelt vocals. Growing up, I listened to everything from pop, jazz, rock, R&B, and soul. I loved it all! I loved listening to Janis Joplin's music, also Stevie Nicks. I admired Bjork's freedom of expression musically, emotionally, and her crazy style. I also liked Alanis Morissette and The Cranberries, bands like GnR, Radio Head, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Perfect Circle, and so many more.


FPMN: I know that you have a lot of experience writing music; Do you prefer writing or performing? Do you feel that you are able to express yourself better in one medium than the other?

Sima: I love doing both. Writing is the process of creating something new; it's exciting and also therapeutic in a way. You get to deal and write about things most people keep to themselves. That's why we all can relate to a song that touches us. It's like the writer spoke to our hearts and knew how we feel deep inside. Writing is the creation of a baby; then you need to let him live his life.  Performing live you get to celebrate all those little moments and experiences again and again, but every time they effect you and others differently. I love the stage cause I like the energy you get from the crowd and they from you. It's the best feeling ever affecting and be affected by others by pure love!  I guess you can't have one without the other right?


FPMN: What message do you hope my readers take away from your music?

Sima: I want them to get positive and great energy and feel my passion of celebrate life, love, creation, and music. I want to inspire them to develop their own passion in life and to never feel alone and that we are all in this together and should support and inspire one another. I hope that through listening to my music they will feel empowered and that they can achieve anything they put their mind, body, and soul into and just have fun, rock loud, and enjoy and appreciate life.


FPMN: What is coming up next for you?

Sima: I'm releasing my album May 1st which I'm super happy and excited about. We're shooting the next music video for the single "Suffering Is My Addiction". Many radio interviews and cover stories coming up and planning to start touring by the summer.


"Breaking Down The Walls"
 

For more on Sima, you can check out her Official Site, Facebook, and Twitter!

~Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment