Monday, June 13, 2011

Recap of Adler's Appetite Show

     Hey guys! First of all, let me apologize for taking so long to post this. My computer was down all morning. Therefore, it was out of my control. Anyway, enough of my babbling. This past Friday, Adler's Appetite (Steven Adler- drums, Chip Z'nuff- bass, Patrick Stone- vocals, Michael Thomas- guitar, Lonny Paul- guitar) played a gig at The Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale, NY, and I was lucky enough to go. Well, let me tell you...THEY ROCKED IT! The guys have great chemistry on stage. It was definitely reminiscent of the early days of Guns N' Roses. They mostly played songs off of GnR's debut album "Appetite for Destruction", but they also played other Guns classics as well as a few original songs, including AA's single "Alive".
    For me personally, it was an amazing night! Why, you ask? Well, let's see....Patrick held my hand, TWICE, sang with me, and even talked to me as the intro for "My Michelle", and Steven sang the chorus of "Sweet Child O' Mine" to me and gave me a drumstick at the end of the show. Needless to say, I was in heaven! Aside from that though, the show was very intimate in the sense that they really had a great connection to everyone in the audience. Patrick even had the audience sing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" back to him. (Below is a short clip of Steven and Patrick playing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door". Sorry in advance for my crappy filming job.)

 



  Here are some photos I took at the show:


                                                         Steven Adler


                                                              Chip Z'Nuff

                                
                                                        Patrick Stone


                                                       Michael Thomas


Lonny Paul


     I know that for me, hearing Guns n Roses's songs live was amazing! I have to admit, they are the band that first made me fall in love with rock and who also inspired me to want to become a musician myself. Getting to see Steven was so amazing! He is and always has been my favorite drummer.
     So what I want to know is do you agree? Is Steven YOUR favorite drummer or is there someone else? Comment below. Also, let me know if there are other musicians/bands that you want to hear about.

~Paige



No comments:

Post a Comment