Friday, January 20, 2012

Livan Interview


      As you may remember from my review of Alice Cooper's No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour, I talked about Alice's opening band, Livan. Their music, particularly their Off The Grid EP, has been described as "dark yet manically energetic post-punk rock". I recently spoke with Livan himself, and here is what he had to say.


Front Paige Metal News: How did you get your start? How long has the band been together?

Livan: The whole thing started after an encounter between me and the keyboard player from the Sisters of Mercy who liked the music and wanted to produce a record with me. This particular band (has been together for) 5 years.


FPMN: For those who haven't heard you, how do you describe your music?

Livan: I'm not sure. All I know is that it's real!!


FPMN: What is coming up next for you?

Livan: Writing a new record to be released in 2012.


FPMN: What has it been like touring with Alice Cooper? How did that come about?

Livan: It has been a great experience. Agents tend to put those things together.


FPMN: One of the things that impressed me the most about you is your amazing stage presence. What is the most important part of a performance for you?

Livan: I am a huge fan of performance.When you go to a show you expect to get lost in the performers' world. Nowadays performing is about being "cool" on stage. I think it's all about entertaining your audience!


FPMN: Why should my readers check out your music?

Livan: Cause they trust you I hope! (Smiles)

Livan- "Sad" Live in Kings Cross:
 

     What do you guys think? Comment below! If you like what you hear, you can check out Livan on Facebook.

~Paige

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like some interesting stuff Paige, I think I might look into them sometime soon. Of course I would be needing to finish the other 1000 things on my plate first LOL. The endless toil of Music Media.

    ReplyDelete