Saturday, March 24, 2012

LostAlone Interview


     If you haven't yet heard of LostAlone, then you are seriously missing out! This Derby band is definitely on its way to major success. They already have the support of bands such as 30 Seconds To Mars, Enter Shikari, Paramore, and My Chemical Romance. The band consists of Mark Gibson (Drums/Vocals), Steven Battelle (Vocals/Guitar), Alan Williamson (Bass/Vocals)
[L to R in the photo above]. I recently spoke with Steven about the band's latest album I'm A UFO In This City which they released earlier this month. Here is what he had to say about it.

Front Paige Metal News: I know that earlier this month LostAlone released the new album I'm A UFO In This City. What kind of reception has it been receiving?

Steven Battelle: We've had such an amazing reaction from both the press and the fans. I hoped that fans of our first album would enjoy it, but I never expected to receive such positivity from the press. So, it’s been great- overwhelming in fact!


FPMN: Also, many other musicians, including the guys from My Chemical Romance, have been promoting the album. What is it like to have their support?

Steven: Anytime somebody says something nice or supportive is great! It’s a really beautiful moment when artists with a voice can support other artists. We're very appreciative of the support they've given us.


FPMN: How do you feel the band has evolved since your debut? What do you hope fans take away from the new album?

Steven: Writing-wise this album is much closer to what I hear in my head; I hope the fans can take away the true vision and that they enjoy it!


FPMN: LostAlone will be touring Europe until May. How has it been going? Have you had the opportunity to meet fans and talk to them about your new music?

Steven: It's going amazing, a real connective experience. Post show every night, I have been meeting so many amazing characters. It's one of my favorite parts of touring. You'd never experience so many levels of insanity anywhere else.


FPMN: What will the band be working on next?

Steven: Really hope to have another record ready for release this time next year. My favorite era is the 70s when bands released an album a year so I’d like to do that also.


"Love Will Eat You Alive"

     For more info on LostAlone, check out their official site. The band will be touring Europe until the beginning of May. You can find all of their tour dates on their Facebook page.


~Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment