Thursday, June 7, 2012

Show Review: Our Last Night, Set It Off, Lions Lions, Palisades, & Alive In Standby

  
     Last Friday, I went with my best friend Georgina to see Our Last Night at The Loft in Poughkeepsie, NY. I've seen several shows there, but this was definitely the best! All of the bands that played were great. After several local bands played, Alive In Standby and Palisades both played strong sets that got the crowd into the show. Following was Lions Lions who also performed really well. One of my favorite things about going to shows is becoming a fan of bands that you aren't yet familiar with.
     After Lions Lions, the band that took the stage was Set It Off. To say that I was impressed would be an understatement. They blew me away! The band's energy onstage is infectious as could be seen from the crowd's reaction. Frontman Cody Carson is probably one of the best that I've been lucky enough to see perform live. Not only does he have a great voice, but his stage presence is very animated and charismatic, and he really connects with fans. The other members of the band (Austin Kerr- Bass/ Zach Dewall- Guitar/ Dan Clermont- Guitar & Vocals/ Maxx Danziger- Drums) have great chemistry onstage and with the audience. Hopefully, they will schedule their own headlining tour, because I will most definitely be there in the front row!

Georgina, Austin Kerr, & I

     And of course, when the headliners, Our Last Night, took the stage, the audience went crazy! I first saw OLN when they opened for Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows in March, and they were amazing. This time, they were even better. Having more time to be onstage and to interact with fans made it a much more intimate show. Lead vocalist, Trevor Wentworth definitely knows how to put on a show and make it an experience for the fans. He, along with the rest of the band (Matt Wentworth- Guitar & Vocals/ Colin Perry- Guitar/ Alex "Woody" Woodrow- Bass/ Tim Molloy- Drums), really put all of their energy into making the show one that fans will remember.


Georgina, Trevor Wentworth, & I
  
Make sure you check out their other tour dates here! Trust me, you don't want to miss this!

Connect With The Bands:





~Paige
Official Site
Facebook
My New Personal FB *Add Me!*
Twitter
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment